Group Mediclaim Policy For Employees: Everything You Should Know
In India, many companies offer the benefit of group mediclaim policy to their employees along with other benefits such as bonuses, profit sharing, meal coupons, gratuity, and facilities like childcare, pension plans, work from home and more.
A Group Health Insurance plan is custom-made for each organization depending upon the requirements of their employees. This policy takes care of the expenses related to any health care services that the employees or their families (if covered) avail.
The default Sum Insured (SI) is the same for every employee, however, employees are also given an option to increase the SI to suit their needs. The premium to be paid towards group medical policy is usually shared by the employer and the employee. But in some cases, the employer may also choose to bear the complete share of the premium amount, and thus providing the benefit of health insurance for free to all its employees.
Coverages of Group Mediclaim Policy:
- Maternity hospitalization and newborn baby expenses
- Ambulance charges
- Cover for pre-existing diseases
- Expenses related to daycare procedures
- Pre & post hospitalization expenses
- Nursing charges
- OT (Operation Theatre) charges
- Costs of pacemaker, organ transplant, dialysis, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and more
Features and benefits of Group Mediclaim Policy:
- Access to quality health care services
- Cashless claim settlement at 6000 + network hospitals
- Comprehensive health coverage at affordable premium rates
- 24 * 7 call support
- Quick disbursement of claims with our in-house Health Administration Team (HAT)
- Individual and Floater cover available
- Tax benefit under section 80 D of the Income Tax Act